Version 7.0. The Biggest Release of AgilePoint NX Yet.
Highlights of What's New in Version 7.0. More than 200+ new features added.
AgilePoint App Store
With the introduction of the enterprise application store in release 7.0, AgilePoint NX has evolved into a digital ecosystem. Enterprises can purchase readily available applications and process templates.
Early in 2019, third-party developers will be able to sell their applications and process templates on the App store.
These applications and templates are based on best practices for the targeted areas. By adopting these process templates, enterprises can avoid reinventing the wheel. Many of the process templates available in the store at the launch of V7 systematize standard methodologies in various disciplines and industries.
The app store, at the time of the launch of V7 includes more than 50 FREE application templates designed for multiple domains, including the following:
- Data Analytics
- Project Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Development
- General Business
- Information Technology
Data Entities are software components that are modeled after real-life objects or concepts. App developers can mimic real-life relationships by defining relationships between entities. This approach offers the following unique benefits:
- It simplifies the creation of powerful, form-based, data-driven applications that draw data from multiple sources.
- It simplifies the creation of end-to-end process-based applications.
- Non-programmers, through visual modeling, can design data entities.
- Both the metadata and data are abstracted from the application layer. App developers don't need to worry about the details of how they're stored.
- Data is securely stored so that users can view/edit/create/delete data only if granted access. Role-based security allows you to control access to entities for different users and groups within your organization.
- Data entities can reside on AgilePoint NX or on-premises systems.
- AgilePoint NX 7.0 provides 100+ entities that are typically used in day-to-day business operations. NX 7.0 also provides 200+ pick lists. These lists save app developers lots of research and design.
- Citizen developers can create database tables without knowledge of SQL and without using any external tools.
- Data entities are stored in a database to facilitate connectivity to enterprise reporting and analytics tools.
- Data types and relationships become rich metadata and are leveraged directly within AgilePoint NX Apps.
- Entity Designer can define business rules, validation, and even call data entities from workflows. This approach ensures data quality and drives business processes.
Form-Based Data-Driven Applications
Most applications today are form-based and do not involve workflow. AgilePoint NX 7.0 includes Forms as a Service (FaaS), which enables citizen developers to easily create form-based applications. Data in form-based applications can originate in any SQL database (Oracle, My SQL, MS SQL Server, etc.), AgilePoint NX’s inbuilt data entities, Salesforce entities, or SharePoint entities.
Enterprises can rapidly replace hundreds of custom and non-portable UI-based apps, such as InfoPath apps. Non-technical users can build future-proof apps, which are not tied to any platform, device or channel and can be embedded in mobile apps, web pages, other form pages, portals, SharePoint apps, Salesforce apps, and more.
- Build data-driven apps fast with a drag-and-drop approach to app design.
- Unlike other products which only allow creating apps on top of their data entities, AgilePoint allows creating apps on top of the inbuilt data entities but also on top of other data sources, such as custom
databases, Salesforce, SharePoint Lists, etc.
- Powerful lookup functionality, enabling data to be brought into the form from multiple third-party systems without coding.
- Automatically generate responsive applications that can run on any device with your data model.
- Customize business entities and tailor the user experience to specific roles with a drag-and-drop designer.
- Define role-based custom views for consuming data with customized search support.
- Create rich and powerful custom widgets (portlets), which can be embedded in the portal pages.
In today’s organizations, teams and departments are looking for empowerment—the ability to rapidly build their own web pages without depending on IT.
- With AgilePoint NX 7.0, citizen developers can create customized web pages based on corporate UX and branding guidelines.
- Pages built with AgilePoint NX 7.0 can include images, videos, animations, feeds, forms, widgets, etc. and can be integrated with the existing business apps and business data.
- Since development is based on a click-to-add approach, the user need not use any IDE (Integrated Development Environment) or learn any programming language (JSP, ASP, PHP, etc).
Mobile App Accelerator (MAA)
Given the obvious benefits, reliance on mobile technologies will continue to grow. But mobility presents a variety of challenges:
- The on-boarding of separate development teams for each mobile platform
- The procurement of build servers, mobile devices, and other infrastructure components for app development
- The management of app submissions to stores
- Alignment with corporate UX and branding guidelines
- Ongoing upgrades to apps
- The management of rollout of apps
- Post rollout management of application configuration
Mobile App Accelerator solves these challenges, generating native IOS apps, Windows Phone apps, and Android apps from existing NX apps in minutes, with zero coding.
Users can create enterprise mobile apps with the company name and customize the app with logos, colors and images to match the company’s branding. Apps can be built for the oﬃcial app store of IOS/Android/Windows Phone, Microsoft Intune, or private devices. NX-generated mobile apps can be pre-configured for enterprise employees with org-wide settings or with department-specific settings. Mobile App Accelerator enables rollout of apps to users over the air (OTA) via secure deployment through Mobile Device Management (MDM) using Microsoft InTune.
Oﬄine Mobile eForms
The need for oﬄine capabilities has stemmed from the explosive adoption of mobile devices.
As enterprise users carry out their business activities on the go, they need a solution to the unpredictable mobile-data-connectivity issue. AgilePoint NX 7.0 delivers advanced oﬄine capabilities to mobile eForms, providing full control to designers to decide which forms need to work in oﬄine mode.
In the event that a device goes oﬄine, form data would get stored on the device. Upon reconnecting, form submission would take place. Information is not lost, safeguarding the user from repetitively filling out the same form.
Recently, the complexity of tasks undertaken and use cases of bot applications have significantly grown. By using intelligent bots, enter-prises can improve customer engagement from many channels, such as Skype, Websites, Apps, and Mobile devices. Bots can feed data to workflows to help in business operations and decision making.
NX 7.0 brings in the following bot capabilities:
- Create conversation through multiple channels such as Skype for Business, Cortona, Teams, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Slack and more.
- Facilitate team collaboration.
- Drive engaging conversations through text and voice.
- Kick-off processes through bots.
- Facilitate bi-directional live communication between the user and the process. The user input can change the routing of the business process.
- Include videos, audios, images, animations, etc in the conversation.
Cognitive capabilities are fundamentally reinventing the way business apps functions. This technology transformation includes understanding and interpretation of unstructured data, learning from past experience to improve current tasks, and engaging with humans to improve interaction and experience.
NX 7.0 brings in the following cognitive capabilities as workflow actions:
- Image Analysis
- Face Recognition
- Generating Thumbnail from Image
- Key Phrase Extraction
- Language Detection
- Read Handwritten Text from Image
- Read Text from Image
- Sentiment Analysis.
- Text Moderation.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is the employment of “bots” to automate high-volume, repetitive tasks within existing processes. RPA is especially useful for automating tasks for legacy systems that don’t have an API. AgilePoint has partnered with some of the leading RPA vendors to enable business users to easily automate interactions between legacy applications within a workflow.
At present, AgilePoint NX 7.0 includes process actions that initiate a new robot job, add a new job to the robot queue, check execution status, and more. In addition to these actions, AgilePoint NX enables RPA to call back into AgilePoint NX workflows as part of the workflow logic, which can become an effective way for robots to incorporate human intelligence for exception scenarios.
- Azure Bot Service
- Microsoft Cognitive Services
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Teams
- Windows Azure Active Directory